Friday, March 28, 2014

Kids College

Kids College

Trina went to college, but she never finished because she fell in love with Dave and they got married during her 3rd year. Dave had one more year too before he graduated and she felt like she needed to work to support him while he finished up at Utah State. Curt started down at BYU, but married Sue right when he got home from his mission. It's a cute story. I had asked him once after he had been out about a year if he was still writing to Sue and he said there is just nothing to say anymore. It's just all missionary work and religion and she isn't interested in all that stuff. We don't write anymore. When he got home Sue was over in Israel going to school. I had told Reline that if she was my daughter that I wouldn't have let her go because it was a scary place. In all the pictures you saw soldiers standing at every gate. Anyway, she came home about two months after Curt came home and I said to Curt, "are you going to go out and meet her?" And he said, "no, that's all over with mom, don't even talk about it." It bothered me so I said, "you just don't want to go out alone do ya! Well, I'll go with you." "Oh, I guess I'd rather have my mother go with me to meet an old girlfriend!" When he got in, he came in late that night and I said "you didn't go see her did you." And he said, "yes I did, I went out to the airport!" I said, "did you go alone?" and he said, "no, I got (Bob Shoops son) to go out with me." Her mother pushed me out first to go see her, and I said, "no her father and mother should be the first to go see her." He said, "Raline grabbed my arm and pulled me along and he said he stuck his hand out to shake her hand. He said Sue just grabbed his hand and pulled me in and said, "we've been friends longer than that" and gave him a kiss. That was all it took. That was in May and they were married in September. He was lucky to get her.

I worried all of Bruce's life because he was such a shy, sweet boy. I always said he's got to have someone who loves him. He's the only child I had that would come and kiss me good-night, you know, things like that. I used to say to Budd, "I've got to pick out the girl he marries because if he marries a cold woman why, he's not going to bey happy. He's got to have someone who cares." And Budd would just laugh at me and say, "you think you're going to have anything to do with who he marries?" And I would say, "I'm going to try to! I'm going to pick out a girl for him." Well, he went down to BYU and met Rita down there and I didn't know a thing about it. I don't know how long they dated or anything and one night he called and said, "Do you care if I bring a girlfriend up?" I said, "no, I'd like to meet her." He had been up before that with a big ol dog he had got and so I asked if he had named the dog yet and he said, "I've named it Rita Larue!" I said, "you could have picked a prettier name than that!" I thought that was the ugliest name! It wasn't long after that that he called to see if he could bring a girl home. Budd said, "see, he's found a girl without our help." I said, "oh, this isn't who he'll marry!" And when he got home we had dinner and he took Budd out to the kitchen and said, "I'm going to marry her." That was the first night we met her. From then on I loved the name! I had no choice at all and he couldn't have found anyone better. He's been happy and I hope she has.


No comments:

Post a Comment